Q: Is it illegal to remove the stock steering wheel for an aftermarket one in Illinois?

i am trying to modify my Honda and i want t know if i remove the stock steering wheel to install a aftermarket grip royal steering wheel with quick release would it be illegal in Illinois?

A: Since this involves something that is a mat...

Since this involves something that is a matter of a safety, we are not allowed to definitively comment on whether or not this would be illegal. You will need to check with your state’s transportation safety department with regard to this. From a matter of practicality, a quick release steering wheel is beneficial in a race environment for purposes of quickly removing while working on the car during pit stops and during times of overhaul simply to make things more accessible when working on the car. From an every day practical driving standpoint, this may not be necessary.