Q: My car jerks quite a lot whenever I accelerate. Why is this?

I have a 2005 VW New Beetle. Everything works well except for the jerking motion whenever I try or I accelerate. it feels like the car is moving forwards but being pulled back. No particular sound is being produced nor any other action other than the jerking motion can be felt. Thank you.

I have a second question. My dad has a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder. There is an issue though. It would not start. Turning key produces a clicking sound and the dashboard lights (check engine, battery, etc) are lit up. But car would not start. I don't think it even cranks, just the clicks. Thank you again.

Hi John. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually when the car will ’jerk’ when you press the accelerator and lift from the accelerator, it’s likely due to clogged fuel injectors, damage to the throttle body or other fuel system components. It could also be due to worn out motor mounts or perhaps a small exhaust leak. The best way to know what is causing these issues is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car jerks while driving inspection. In regards to the Pathfinder, it’s likely that an electrical relay is damaged or the battery does not have enough cranking AMPS to engage the starter.

3. My car jerks quite a lot whenever I accelerate. Why is this?