Q: Will the steering column stop the dash from working?

My car will not crank...it did the same last week tuesday and after reading the forum I did what it said KEPT moving the steering wheel finally it started. I pushed the panic button on the key fob and put in the ignition it went off but now the panic button is just sounding i had to cut it off. I noticed before that my wheel wasn't straight it's not straight today either been driving since sunday now it's out again. Now i don't here the click noise when the key is inserted in the ignition. Can my key fob have anything to do with this.

If you have another key, try using that before investing into repairs. The most likely problem is the EIS - Electronic Ignition Switch, which is common as they age. As this is a costly repair, I suggest having a professional mechanic from a foreign car shop, dealership, or YourMechanic diagnose the problem for you. To have this issue inspected by YourMechanic experts, we provide a ignition switch replacement service that will help you get back on the road.