Q: Steering wheel shakes when braking

The steering wheel shakes when braking, and it has warped rotors.

Hi there. If the steering wheel shakes when hitting the brakes, then you are right, it does have warped rotors. If the rotors on this large of a vehicle are that warped then the rotors should be replaced to keep the problem from occurring again. If you do not want to replace them then you need to have a shop measure them and then cut them if they are not undersized. Keep in mind that cutting them makes the metal thinner which causes more heat. This will cause the same problem to return, so I would recommend new rotors.