Q: Radio’s touchscreen died, what’s the problem?

asked by on November 19, 2015

My 2015 Jeep Cherokee I bought late last year already has 10,000 miles on it. I escaped the more common issues with this car, thank goodness, but the touchscreen on the dash just died one day! This is very inconvenient. I can still use the car, but obviously using the gps or radio is a lot harder! How can I troubleshoot this problem without spending a ton on an already new car?

Your touch screen system has a recall, R40 dated 7/28/2015, that pertains to the radio system being susceptible to a security vulnerability. The vulnerability could allow someone to access the system which could cause problems. The dealer will reprogram your system module to fix it. Make an appointment with your local dealer and have the recall performed. If the recall is not the issue then your dealer can perform the necessary repair for free under warranty.