Q: Should a heater tube on the water pump produce coolant flow instantly when disconnected on a 1995 Dodge B2500

Shouldn't a heater tube on the water pump produce coolant flow instantly, if disconnected? Why is there no flow? where is the bleeder valve on the dodge ram van b2500?

Thanks

Water Pump Replacement $171.86 - $1147.02 Get a Quote

Hello. If the coolant level is where it should be then you should get some flow from the heater tube. It will not be a lot of flow, but there should be some. If there is none then you may have a water pump failure or a restriction in the cooling system. Most of the time this occurs from the lack if flow from a failed pump impeller. I usually remove the pump to inspect the impeller. If you need some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [check to see why the coolant is not flowing] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/water-pump-replacement