Q: What can i do to fix the problem with the malfunction indicator lamp ?

asked by on March 11, 2017

How can i fix the malfunction indicator light problem

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. If there is a warning light illuminated on your dashboard, then the computer has detected an issue with the vehicle. To determine what that issue is, you must pull the diagnostic codes from the computer which set the light off. This can be done by a technician, or at most automotive parts stores. That being said, if the light has illuminated and there are no codes, or you know there is nothing wrong with the vehicle, the light can be reset. This is done several ways, and you will want to follow the steps listed in your owner’s manual. For more help reading the codes or resetting the light, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.