Q: Q: How do you check the engine coolant?

How do you check the engine coolant?

Your engine coolant serves a vital purpose. It’s responsible for cooling your engine and keeping it within operating temperature. If the level drops too low, it’s possible that your car will overheat, causing serious damage to the engine. Not sure how to check the level? Don’t worry – here’s what you need to do:

1. Park the car on a level surface.

2. Turn off the engine.

3. Wait until the engine has cooled (unless you’re only going to visually inspect the level of coolant in the reservoir).

4. Pull the hood release.

5. Open the hood and secure it with the prop rod.

6. Locate the coolant reservoir. It’s on the passenger side of the engine bay near the front. Make sure that the level is between the minimum and maximum lines.

7. If the level is below the minimum line, add coolant until it reaches the maximum line,

but don’t overfill it.

3. Q: How do you check the engine coolant?