Q: Cylinders misfire after using motor flush and oil change - possible sludge issue?

I was due for an oil change, so beforehand I used Motor Medic Motor Flush in the crankcase and let the car idle for 5 minutes. During this time, the engine sounded great. The longer it ran, the lower the RPM would get while idling and the better the engine sounded. I drained the oil & motor flush then proceeded with a normal oil change. I also added a can of engine restorer in the crankcase with the new oil. When I first turned the car over after the oil change, it sounded great. Then after the car ran for about a minute, the car started shaking more and more and the RPM got a little wonky. Going up and down 200 RPM each way while idling. I shut the engine off immediately and haven't turned it on since. I took it to the shop and they found that all 4 cylinders are misfiring. I think the motor flush knocked some deposits and buildup loose and that is what's causing the issue with the cylinders, but I'm not a mechanic. What would be the best (cheapest) course of action next?

This is a 2001 Toyota Corolla. My car has 148000 miles.

Hi There, If there are misfires, there should be a check engine light on, which should have stored specific fault codes. Many times these fault codes will indicate whether the misfire is related to a specific cylinder or if it is a general misfire code. Misfires can happen for many different reasons such as faulty spark plug wires or even an injector not pulsing correctly. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle to determine what may be causing this to happen.

3. Cylinders misfire after using motor flush and oil change - possible sludge issue?