Q: Warped front driver side axle

I just bought a set of tired and when thr mechanic was putting them on he noticed the left front cv axle was warped which explains the vibration uve bren hearing from that part of the vehicle. It doesnt pop ohowqueak when i turn so my question is how much longer can i drive on it before something happens?

If the axle shaft is not straight or there is a problem with the joints such that the axle does not run in a straight axis, all leading to vibration, you have to replace the axle as soon as possible because the vibration could damage (excessively wear) the transmission output shaft bearing and/or bushing. Once those are worn past service limits, the vibration will become worse and then you may have to remove the transaxle to repair the damage. Replacement of the axle shaft is fairly straightforward, all the more reason to just get it done and avoid future problems. Be SURE to replace the transmission output shaft oil seal during the repair, though, as otherwise you will have a transmission fluid leak and the axle will have to be removed a second time to put a new seal in. To obtain service on the CV axle, please request CV axle replacement. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.