My radiator is leaking Transmission Fluid. gmc trailblazer

Q: My radiator is leaking Transmission Fluid.

asked by on October 09, 2017

I recently replaced my radiator after my old one cracked. After replacing said radiator, I cranked my GMC Trail Blazer and was doing a check on the radiator, I saw a good amount of Transmission fluid leaking. How can I fix this?

If the leak is at the radiator fittings for the transmission cooling lines, the tube end may have debris or may be misshapen. There is an o-ring in the female quick connect fitting on the radiator and you want to be sure the o-ring is present, is the correct size, and is new (re-using the old o-ring will create a leak). If you desire, a mobile mechanic can be dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location to diagnose and repair the issue. The relevant service to request is a transmission leak diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.