Q: push button starter switch inoperative

asked by on December 21, 2016

occasionally, when you push the start button, nothing happens, car will start after 1-5 additional attempts.we installed a new battery, used the spare key, and same results, we noticed that the steering wheel does not lock and if door is open the clime does not ring. if it does the car will start. we tried pushing the shifter into Park and that worked once. there is not one thing we can do constantly to have the car start.

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2010 Volvo XC70 to have issues starting. You have done great in replacing the battery already as this is the cause in many cases. Other potential causes are the starter, fuel pump, failed push button start, battery cable, or a wiring harness issue. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your starting issues and make any repairs required.