Q: Possible effects of a crash from the rear bumper

I got in an accident today , the person hit my car from the rear corner bumper , and while i was driving it felt like its glitching as in cutting while driving , i was wondering if that damage could effect anything inn the car? the damage was on the left side so far from the exhaust , underneath the tail light

Hello. Wrecks are always unfortunate. Your fuel tank is located at the rear of the vehicle, and part of that system may have been damaged. There are wires, fuel lines, and the tank itself that could be damaged. The best way to tell is by starting with a visual inspection. You will want to trace the fuel lines and see if they have any cracks or dents.

Both would cause a lack of fuel and driving issues. You will also want to trace the wires from the fuel module, as a short or physical damage can cause extra resistance and cause the pump to malfunction. Other than that, there are not many other components in that area that can be effected. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to perform a 75-point safety inspection.