Q: My Honda Accord 2008 has the vsa and a triangle light on. What can be wrong with my car?

asked by on July 06, 2017

The vsa light and a triangle shaped light are always on. What can cause the light to turn on?

Traction Control Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

VSA, or Vehicle Stability Assist, is Honda’s proprietary system to maximize traction and help stabilize the vehicle during cornering if the car turns more or less than desired. VSA also assists you in maintaining traction while accelerating on loose or slippery road surfaces. The reason you are seeing the warning light continuously is there is a fault somewhere in the complex sensor system that makes the system work by regulating the engine’s output and selectively applying braking. There are wheel speed sensors, brake pressure modulators, interconnecting wiring and sensors, the control computer and so forth all of which are subject to malfunction. VSA is an essential vehicle safety system and consequently you should definitely have the fault in the system pinpointed and repaired by a professional. The recommended service to do that is a VSA/traction control system diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr