Q: How do you calibrate the compass in a 2012 Nissan Altima?

How do you calibrate the compass?

A: While your compass is designed to auto cali...

While your compass is designed to auto calibrate, there may be times you have to do it manually. Many things can cause the compass to lose its calibration, including power lines, strong magnets and more. Thankfully, it’s not hard to calibrate the compass. Here’s how to do it:

1. Turn the ignition on.

2. Turn on the compass display.

3. Hold the compass button for nine seconds.

4. When C shows on the display, drive your car in a circle three times. Keep your speed to less than five miles per hour.

5. Once you’re done, the compass should be calibrated.

Tip

If the compass calibration fails again within a short time, it may need to be inspected.