Q: Transmission jerks like you have been rear ended when accelerating. Also right before coming to stop, clunks into gear.

Transmission jerks like you have been rear ended when accelerating. Also right before coming to stop, clunks into gear. I have done the following: new transmission fluid, software update, disconnected and reconnected the battery. No solution found.

Below is a process to follow after reprogramming transmission module or disconnecting battery so the TCM can relearn shift points. If after following the below service then seek a mechanic like one from Your Mechanic to continue further diagnosis of problem to see if it is internal transmission or module problem.

SERVICE

Start to accelerate gently at an engine speed of approximately 800-1000 rpm, and keep the acceleration pedal (AP) in a fix position throughout the acceleration. Keep the AP steady until you reach the 2nd gear. Stop the vehicle and repeat the procedure until the shift quality is ok. A number of accelerations may be required to obtain the correct result. Start to accelerate gently at an engine speed of approximately 1200-1400 rpm, and keep the acceleration pedal (AP) in a fix position throughout the acceleration. Keep the AP steady until you reach the 2nd gear. Stop the vehicle and repeat the procedure until the shift quality is ok. A number of accelerations may be required to obtain the correct result. Start to accelerate gently at an engine speed of approximately 1600-1800 rpm, and keep the acceleration pedal (AP) in a fix position throughout the acceleration. Keep the AP steady until you reach the 2nd gear. Stop the vehicle and repeat the procedure until the text TRANSMISSION ADJUSTED and the symbol (i) lights after shift, or when the shift quality is ok. A number of accelerations may be required to obtain the correct result.

3. Transmission jerks like you have been rear ended when accelerating. Also right before coming to stop, clunks into gear.