Q: Car runs rough, stalls, makes grinding noise - 1996 Chevrolet Corsica

My car has been running rough. It would also stall. The dashboard is showing the check engine light on. It ocassionally comes off if I drive very fast. When I'm revving the engine. it begins to make grinding noise. I checked for vacuum leaks but there isn't any. The only thing that seemingly helped was when I put some fuel cleaner. It made the check engine light come off for a short while. What should I do?

Rough running can have many sources related to fuel supply, ignition misfire, dirty air intake sources, etc. Checking problem codes will instruct what components to examine next, as well as the grinding noise you noticed. I recommend having an expert, like one from YourMechanic, read the trouble codes and thoroughly inspect relevant systems to diagnose the rough running and stalling issues.

• Car runs rough, stalls, makes grinding noise - 1996 Chevrolet Corsica