Q: My windshield wipers are not working

asked by on February 06, 2017

This morning I tried to use my windshield wipers, they would not work. All I hear is a clicking noise when trying to move the handle up or down. Do you know how this issue could be fixed or what could be wrong

Wipers are not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The clicking you’re hearing is the wiper relay trying to run the wiper motor. The wiper motor may actually be running but the actuator arm is spinning on the shaft. This is a common problem and is very likely to happen if you live in an area where the wipers freeze to the windshield. If that is the case, the solution might be as simple as tightening the nut on the end of the wiper motor shaft. Whatever the problem, If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your windshield wiper problem and let you know what it will take to fix it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr