Q: My horn started going off for no reason then when I was driving yesterday my car stop going and I had to pull over.

The horn suddenly started going off for no reason even when the car was parked. Then yesterday it stalled on me when I was going 55 mph the gas stopped working.. It turns but won't start. Almost like it's not getting fuel.

When a horn goes off like this, it is usually because something in the steering column has come loose making an electrical connection for the horn. This will require the disassembly of the horn pad to investigate. Often this will be all you need to do. Other times you will need to dig in deeper into the column.

As for the stalling, these two are not likely related. Unless the ignition wire in the steering column is part of the same harness that is causing the horn problem. This is certainly a possibility, but the ignition is usually housed much better than the horn. These two circuits don’t interact with each other unless there are some fairly major wiring issues. It is possible on a twenty year old vehicle though.

As for why your car won’t start, this will need to be diagnosed by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. This requires a spark tester, noid light, and a fuel pressure gauge. Once you figure out what the motor is missing, you can then pursue the problem further.

Good luck!

3. My horn started going off for no reason then when I was driving yesterday my car stop going and I had to pull over.