Q: is it safe to keep driving my car with a blown ac compressor

I just found out that i need a new AC Compressor. I don't have the money to fix for now. Is it ok to drive?

A: Hi! It is most likely OK to operate your ve...

Hi! It is most likely OK to operate your vehicle even thought the a/c compressor has failed. However there are a couple things to be aware of. As long as the compressor pulley is rotating smoothly, without wobble or noise, it shouldn't affect belt tension or operation of the other belt-driven accessories. Remember that even though you leave the a/c switch in the "off" position, if you select "Defrost" setting it will try to engage the compressor.