Q: Opinion on buying a 2003 Accord

My friend is looking at a 2003 Honda Accord with a 152,000 miles. One owner and in great shape. They want 3800. Is it a good deal?

It’s a 13-year-old car and 3800 dollars is a bit pricey, but prices in a lot of areas are different than where I am since I am in a big city. If it’s in a good shape, first thing you’d want to do is to have the transmission checked in a pre-purchase inspection. If it is an automatic transmission, that year of Accord is known to have really weak automatic transmissions. So you’d want a mechanic to check that transmission before you buy it. But if it is a standard, go ahead and buy it because those are pretty much bullet proof. These cars can last a long time, but I’d try to talk them down a little bit to lower the price because it is a pretty old car.

3. Opinion on buying a 2003 Accord