Q: Car overheating. I replaced the thermostat recently.

I had a new radiator thermostat installed five months ago. Now, my car is running hot again, though there haven't been any leaks to my knowledge. I had a new thermostat installed, but now my car can't even make it down the street without running hot.

Through my experience, the most common culprits I see related to your issue with your Toyota Solara running hot are a possible bad water pump or a blown head gasket. There is also a small chance you may have had a defective thermostat installed from this last repair and while this is uncommon, it should not be overlooked. Your overheating problem is best inspected by a certified mechanic as they can verify if these are the problems behind your overheating or if another problem is in fact causing this.

3. Car overheating. I replaced the thermostat recently.