Q: I need to replace the harmonic balancer on my 94 buick. Is it ok to drive to go pick up the parts?

I need to replace the harmonic balancer on my mom's 94 buick regal. I have the parts ready for pick up, my destination is about 20 minutes round trip. Will it be ok to drive to pick up the parts?

If the harmonic balancer is known to be defective, the only prudent course is to not operate the engine until the balancer is replaced. There are at least two risks: 1) the balancer could completely separate causing further damage; and 2) a defective balancer can cause crankshaft and/or main bearing damage. If you desire that the balancer be replaced by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request harmonic balancer replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I need to replace the harmonic balancer on my 94 buick. Is it ok to drive to go pick up the parts?