Q: P0101 MAF Sensor

SES light went on about 3 months ago so I pulled p0101 code and replaced MAF sensor. All was fine until SES light went on again today and got the same code. Any suggestions about what could be making the MAF sensor go bad? When I clear SES light it will flicker on and turn off sporadically until I turn the car off and back on, then the SES light just stays on. The vehicle is not running rough or stalling.

Hi there. Typically, a P0101 (mass airflow sensor circuit/range performance) code can be resolved by cleaning the heated wire. Aftermarket air intake systems and poorly sealed factory air filters can contaminate the heated wire of the MAF. The engineers designed the MAF to self clean. The heated wire super heats to turn contaminates to ash. This is not always effective. There is the possibility, the replacement MAF is faulty or there is a poor electrical connection between the MAF and ECM (engine control module). Proper diagnoses should be performed to avoid unnecessary repairs. I recommend having your vehicle’s check engine light be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.