Q: What does the brake light and traction slip control light going on and off from time to time while driving and sometimes?

asked by on March 03, 2017

What does the brake light and traction slip control light going on and off from time to time while driving and sometimes? I have a 2013 Infiniti m37x

Hello. The brake warning light and traction control light illuminate when the computer has detected an issue with either system. They illuminate together because they effect and rely on each other. The best place to start would be to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes to determine what code (a number associated with a problem the computer has detected) has set the light. You can use this information to narrow down on what part of the systems is not working. Due to the way it flickers and is intermediate, you are likely looking at a loose wire, a failing sensor, and a dirty sensor. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.