Q: Gas leak near OTC

When I went to the gas station yesterday and started pumping gas I heard a noise. I was looking to see where it was coming from and saw a gas leak from under and near the OTC Scan Tool. The gas needle was bouncing the past couple of days. I wonder what's causing the leak? Do you have any ideas?

Hello. If the leak occurred right when the noise occurred, then it is usually caused by a fracture in the fuel pump outlet. This commonly occurs on fuel pumps over time. The outlet fractures and the pressure makes it way out of the line. The tank will need to be lowered from the vehicle to inspect it. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair the leak.

3. Gas leak near OTC