Q: Put in spark plugs and car won't start

I just put new coil packs on and put new spark plugs and wires in. The car ran rough and would stall. I was told the eclipse takes high performance plugs so I went and bought Bosch platinum. Put those in and I can't get the car to start. Sounded like it was sucking in air. I need my car for work, can you help me

A: Hi there. This sounds like a concern I’ve s...

Hi there. This sounds like a concern I’ve seen several times. You stated that it sounded like it was sucking in air; a sign that a vacuum hose or hoses have been left or knocked loose. I suggest you go back over your work and check for loose vacuum hoses; especially the brake booster hose. If the sucking sound is loud enough to be heard easily, it may be the brake booster hose. Once you’ve reconnected the hose, try to start the engine. If the sucking sound is still heard, there are other hoses that could be loose. That much unmetered air entering the engine will definitely cause your no start issue. YourMechanic has several technicians available to assist you with a no start concern.