Q: how do I get my rack and pinion to stop grinding?

I have my 2003 acura TL-S the rack and pinion is grinding. Now when I bought the car the guy show me that he had it replaced before I got the car and it has been a little over a year since I got the car. I have tried a few things and the end result is the same the grinding will stop for about 24 hours but after sitting overnight the grinding comes back However there is no fluid loss and no fluid on the ground. I have fully flushed and refilled the system on 1/6/18 because of putting to much lucas stop leak in the system and the same thing happened it stopped until I let the car sit over night and then the grinding came back. At this point I don't know if I need a new rack and pinion or maybe a pump but I need to figure this out.

small side note I noticed since I flushed and refilled the system my steering gets a little harder to turn when Im sitting still but goes back to normal as soon as I start moving again.

The noise could be from the pump, the steering rack and possibly even the upper strut bearing mounts which come into play when you turn the wheels. The increased effort in steering could be due to an improperly tensioned drive belt on the power steering pump. To pinpoint the noise and determine exactly what needs to be repaired will require that a mechanic take a close look at what you have. If you want the diagnostic and required repair work performed on a mobile basis, right at your location, please schedule service using YourMechanic’s vehicle noise diagnostic service request page - power steering noise and the responding certified mechanic will resolve this for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.