Q: I have a 2005 Kia Spectra after I feel it the gas is dropping kind of fast and my check engine lights is on what does that mean?

After feeling up my gas after driving a minute it starts to drop fast like the gas is running at fast. Please advise what this may be

If your vehicle’s check engine light illuminates, there is a malfunction that should be diagnosed and repaired. Malfunctions that cause the check engine warning light to illuminate are very varied as to "cause" (i.e., there are hundreds of possibilities) and so to pinpoint the issue a mechanic would download the diagnostic trouble codes from your vehicles computer during a check engine light diagnostic. During such a diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM. Using those codes the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are then tested to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, the circumstances are explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the check engine light diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly and professionally for you, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2005 Kia Spectra after I feel it the gas is dropping kind of fast and my check engine lights is on what does that mean?