Q: I can't unlock my car on the driver side

I can't use my key to unlock my car on the driver side. It does open from the inside. My dad disarm my car alarm and he said that the alarm was not allowing me to use my key. However arming it again I still was not able to unlock my car. How do I unlock my car?

Hi there. The alarm should not affect the use of the key to unlock and lock the driver’s door. The linkage from the door lock cylinder to the door latch assembly must be disconnected. A fairly common failure, is the plastic retaining clip for the linkage rod has broken. In order to diagnose this problem, the inner door panel will have to be removed for inspection and repair. I recommend having your vehicle’s key won’t unlock the driver’s door be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. I can't unlock my car on the driver side