Q: What temperature should my AC being blowing out at the vents?

asked by on July 25, 2016

In live in NE PA where we have been having extreme heat lately. On my vehicle, I noticed when I first turn on the AC after the vehicle has been sitting, it takes some time to get cold. Is this normal? Also even after it has been running awhile, to get it really cold, I find I need to use the recirculation button. Is that normal? When i first turn on the AC and the compressor kicks on, i can hear system pressurize/hear the freon flowing. (Only way I can describe it) does this sound normal? What temperature should the air coming out of the vent be when it is operating. Honda Dealer says all is working normally. Thanks!

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $106.46 Get a Quote

One thing you must realize is that, as advanced as these systems are, you may only get a 15 to 25 degree reduction in the ambient temperature. When using the re-circulation option, air from inside the cabin is run back through the air conditioning system again in an attempt to further decrease the temperature. If you are having suspicions, you may want to have the system refrigerant evacuated and recharged with fresh gas and oil. The way you are explaining your concern sounds as if your air conditioning system is working somewhat normally. Have one of our mobile experts come out and read the system pressures and take temperatures to diagnose your AC system.