Q: Key getting stuck in the ignition

My car does not start. The key has gotten stuck in the ignition twice, and I had to hire a locksmith to extract it.

The problem is the battery is not supplying enough voltage to the ignition lock to release the ignition key. I recommend having a qualified technician perform a battery test to see what the output of the battery is. If it is below specifications, the battery will need to be replaced. There could also be a problem with the ignition key itself - General Motors has recalled the factory issued flip key and will provide a free replacement.