Q: VSA light is on

asked by on June 01, 2017

Hi, my Honda Accord 08 recently began showing VSA light and the triangle light beside it, whenever i start the car. And i noticed the car would jerk in P while warming up. I had my mechanic check and he replaced two faulty nozzles. After the repairs, the jerking stopped, VSA warning light stopped too. However, when I drive in the speed range of 40 to 80km/h, the VSA light comes on again BUT if i speed upto 90/100 km/h and above immediately i start the car and begin moving, the light wont come on. A local mechanic told me i need to do wheel balancing and alignment, because my upper arm on one side was replaced. I don't see that as the problem because the tyres were not swapped. Also, my hub had an issue before car was taken to replace nozzle but the mechanic couldn't find a good part so he changed the bearing instead. Can any or both of these be the cause (ie change of bearing and lack of doing wheel balancing) Thanks very much.

Hi There, The VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) light will come on when it is turned off as a reminder to turn it on. When it is turned off, the vehicle will have normal braking and cornering ability, however it will not have the added stability enhancement capability. When the light comes on along with the check engine light (the triangle light you described), this means there is something wrong with the system and it should be checked out by a qualified mechanic.