Q: Problem of irregular idle anytime I apply the brakes, it quits Peugeot 307

asked by on December 28, 2016

My car is a peugeot,the engine revolution is not regular,it's being interrupted anytime i apply break.what can be the cause?

Hi - from your description of symptoms, it sounds like the brake booster has an air leak, or possibly the hose to the brake booster has a leak. The brake booster uses engine vacuum for braking assist. If the booster diaphragm is damaged, air leaks into the engine air intake in an unmetered way, making the engine run lean. This causes the rough running and stalling you describe. Replace the brake booster or the hose depending on which is leaking.