Q: Whining and buzzing noise coming from head unit - 1997 Lexus LX450

In my Lexus LX450 I hooked up my Alpine 9883 head unit in the sound system. The position of the head unit is the problem for me. I hear whinney buzzing noises when the head unit is positioned at a certain angle. To loosen the head unit’s grip with the dash, I loosened the screws and then the whinney buzzing sound disappeared. However, after two hours the sound returned. I am thinking that it returned due to gravity repositioning the head unit. I wrapped the screws with electrical tape so the electrical conductivity would be insulated. I need your advice on how to fix this. Thank you.

I would check with the Alpine distributor who sold you this unit, and discuss your situation with them. They may have included relevant comments on mounting the head unit with the unit itself, but in any case, their Customer Service engineers should certainly be able to address this issue.

3. Whining and buzzing noise coming from head unit - 1997 Lexus LX450