Q: Brakes will not decelerate and steering wheel seized

asked by on August 19, 2016

I was driving 45 mph and had pressed on the brake pedal, but my car would not decelerate. Then simultaneously the steering wheel seized and I lost control of my car. I had to have it towed to the dealership for a diagnosis. However, they could not get the car to duplicate the problem so they can’t know how to fix it. Could you please tell me what caused this? Thanks.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This issue that would need to be inspected firsthand. In the case of such a catastrophic event, I would guess some Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) would be stored. Retrieving these codes is the first step in the diagnostic process. It sounds like the vehicle is unsafe to drive, so I suggest you give the team at YourMechanic a call. We make house calls and can come to you to diagnose the trouble codes and repair your Benz.