Q: A/C Blowing HOT air. 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe

My A/C Blows HOT air. so I put a freon gauge on the low pressure valve and results = zero. I turned on the A/C to max and the fan. I put the freon into the per description on the can. After I filled to the stop line,I check to see if the air temp had changed any... It was still blowing HOT air as if the temp gauge was set to hot. Any suggestions?

Hello. If there is no pressure in the system, then that means that there is a leak in the system. If there was no refrigerant, then there is going to be air in the system. If that is the case, then the system needs to be evacuated and vacuumed. All air needs to be removed from the system in order for it to work. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the AC system in order to have this corrected.

3. A/C Blowing HOT air. 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe