Q: MY THERMOSTAT HOUSING IS LEAKING IN MY 2013 CHRYSLER 200 AND WAS ADV I NEED THERMOSTAT HOUSING AND THERMOSTAT REPLACEMENT TO THE T

asked by on July 18, 2017

MY THERMOSTAT HOUSING IS LEAKING IN MY 2013 CHRYSLER 200 AND WAS ADV I NEED THERMOSTAT HOUSING AND THERMOSTAT REPLACEMENT TO THE TUNE OF $475 I DON'T GET PAID UNTIL NEXT WEEK, CAN I JUST KEEP COOLANT IN IT FOR THE NEXT 5 DAYS AND NOT CAUSE ANY FURTHER DAMAGE? I STILL NEED TO DRIVE AND IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE A BAD LEAK, I CHECKED AND ITS THE SAME AMOUNT OF COOLANT FROM WHEN I PUT IT IN THIS MORNING AT 8AM AND ITS 5PM NOW

Hi there. If your engine is overheating due to the thermostat issue, I would recommend having it fixed ASAP without driving the vehicle frequently. If you have a coolant leak but the engine is not overheating, you should be ok to drive short distances as long as you stay on top of the coolant levels and use the right type and ratio of coolant to distilled water.