Q: Car overheats quickly

My car is overheating. I had a block test performed and it was fine. There's no white smoke coming out the tailpipe, no Engine lights, and I changed the spark plugs and they were dry. I also changed the coolant sensor, radiator cap, thermostat, coolant, and I flushed the system. The car is still overheating.

A: Hi there. The Northstar Engine by Cadillac ...

Hi there. The Northstar Engine by Cadillac is notorious for internal leaking from coolant passage to combustion chambers. A block test is not always a certain make or break procedure. The engine would need a wet magna flux test done to ensure the block is not cracked internally. Also, if the cooling system has air or insufficient coolant in it, it will cause the engine to overheat. I'd suggest taking the engine to a certified mechanic to have them inspect your overheating issue.