Q: At oil temp light flashing

My AT oil temp light is flashing And my check engine light is on also I did some research and what I read up on told me that my AT oil temp light flashing means I'm low on transmission fluid so I check and that I am So I'm wondering if that's correct and also could that be why I have a check engine light on I do not have a scan tool to check

Hello. Yes, your warning light will illuminate when the automatic transmission fluid is low. The transmission is one of the components that will turn on a "check engine" light. The reason you are low on transmission fluid may be the same reason that the check engine light is on. This is the underlying issue that you need to solve. Has the transmission been shifting poorly? Most people do not have a scan tool, but most local automotive parts stores will scan the vehicle for free. Having the vehicle scanned really is the best way to have a better idea of what is going on. Without a scan being done, it is a huge guessing game with a lot of components that can be the cause. The price of diagnostics and repairs can become very expensive to find an issue that the codes are trying to tell you. I suggest you get it scanned and take the diagnosis from there. In the meantime, you should top off the transmission fluid.