Q: 2003 Mercedes C240 will not start

I have a 2003 Mercedes-Benz c240. I was driving & all electronics shut down. Replaced alternator & it won't start. All electronics are working, battery is fully charged. It does turn over, tho.

At 210 thousand miles, it really could be just about anything. If the alternator wasn’t charging and you drove the car until the battery voltage went so low that it cut off, there are probably a zillion codes stored in the computer. The trick is to read the codes and decide what is relevant. You need to have a technician scan the car for codes, clear them, and then try to start the car. After that, any trouble codes that result will be associated with the no start condition. The self diagnostics on your car are pretty sophisticated, so it shouldn’t be to hard to figure it out from there. By contacting Your Mechanic, you can have a technician come to your home or office to check out your car and let you know what its going to take to solve it.

3. 2003 Mercedes C240 will not start