Q: New alternator and battery. Volt gauge is reading less than 12 volts.

I got a new alternator and battery but on the volt gauge its a little less than 12 volt while running

Hello there, a few common failures can prevent your 1984 Volkswagen Rabbit from charging even after the battery and alternator have been replaced. The most common would be the battery cable, a faulty voltage regulator, a bad alternator fuse, or a wiring harness fault. If you need to have the problem scoped out further, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the charging system to that this can be resolved accordingly.

3. New alternator and battery. Volt gauge is reading less than 12 volts.