Q: Vehicle does not move when put into gear

when i was driving on highway my car suddenly started slowing down and i stopped it on the sideway. Then i started my car again and shifted the gear to D. when i hit the gas it was not moving at all. i tried with R also . got same problem. It didn't move at all.it was on the highway and i towed my car and took it near by mechanics.there was only one mechanics shop in that place. and he told me that it was my transmission problem without even looking and told me it would cost me 2600 for everything . i had no idea what was the actual problem . i am not sure whether he was saying right or not. it was 300 mile away from my house so i left my car there. i am not sure should i bring that car by towing it and try to repair it near by my house if it is not only transmission problem . can you please help me with in . what is the main problem could be . no sign was shown, no noise was heard before that , no leaking .

A vehicle that won’t move in any gear indicates either the transmission is low on fluid, or there is an internal problem. The electronic transmission controls can essentially be ruled out. The 4F50N transmission found in your vehicle has some common problems, one of which, is torque converter failure. The converter has a small washer inside which becomes stripped. When this happens, the pump is prevented from turning, resulting in lack of hydraulic pressure.This causes the transmission to suddenly stop working. In other words, what the shop is telling is probably correct.

Hello. The symptoms you describe can be caused by many things. A few common causes are low transmission fluid, faulty shift solenoids or sensors, or a bad transmission. The first thing I would do is check the vehicle’s transmission fluid. If the fluid is low or contaminated it may be preventing the transmission from operating correctly. If the fluid looks good, then it may be possible that there is a fault with one or more of the transmission’s sensors or solenoids. The transmission uses pressure sensors and shift solenoids to control the vehicle’s shifting characteristics, and can experience all sorts of problems if any of them have an issue. It may also be possible that the transmission has developed some sort of internal fault, perhaps worn gears or an issue with the torque converter. A proper diagnosis would be required to determine what the actual issue may be. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine what the source of your issue may be](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-does-not-move-when-i-step-on-the-gas-pedal-inspection).

3. Vehicle does not move when put into gear