Q: While driving at low speed trunk shifts into neutral?

Could this be a differential problem ? I've had the truck at the transmission Shop and they say there is absolutely nothing wrong with the transmission or transfer case. It feels like the truck has been put into neutral. You can put the truck into neutral and let it coast for a few seconds . You then put it back into drive and everything is fine.

Hello and thank you for your question. If your 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is shifting the transmission or transfer case into neutral, then there may be a problem with the shifter on the column or floor if you have a ratcheting type and a problem with the transfer case shifter on the floor.

Check to make sure that there is nothing pulling on the shifter that could accidentally put the transmission or transfer case into neutral while driving (if you have a manual shifter). If you have a shift button, then check the control module to the transfer case. This is located up under the dashboard on the driver side. If the control module is failing, it looses connection to the transfer case shifter that control what gear to put it in. Check the wires to the control module for any burns or corrosion. I recommend replacing the control module to the transfer case.

If you need assistance replacing the control module and checking your transfer case, then I would recommend having another expert inspect the transmission system to diagnose the intermittent shifting problem that you are experiencing.

3. While driving at low speed trunk shifts into neutral?