Q: Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVTi GS problem starting at normal temprature

asked by on November 01, 2016

the car starts up fine when cold with no issues and runs fine but after it has been shut off and left for five minutes it starts but suddenly dies

Fuel Filter Replacement $83.13 - $270.56 Get a Quote
Fuel Pump Replacement $120.92 - $1186.72 Get a Quote
Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The most likely common problem with these symptoms is a sticky/dirty idle air control valve, which either needs to be cleaned or replaced. Other possibilities is a clogged fuel filter, failing fuel pump relay, or fuel pump itself.

I would recommend having your car’s starting and dying condition inspected by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.