Q: My abs and parking brake lights are coming on and staying on

My abs and parking brake lights are coming on and staying on

Your ABS/parking brake lights are probably indicating multiple problems Check the simple possibilities first like the brake fluid level and the brake lights working. Then check wheel speed sensors (some times bad wheel bearings can cause a wheel speed sensor "fail," too, so wiggle the wheel while suspended for excessive play), or a failed brake control module.

This second group of possibilities will require a scan tool not just a code reader to diagnose. I would recommend an ABS Light Inspection from YourMechanic to confirm this diagnosis, get an accurate assessment of damage, and an estimate for repairs.