Q: What does it take to trigger the Anti-Theft system?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does it take to trigger the Anti-Theft system?

Your car’s Anti-Theft system provides important protection from would-be thieves. Once the system is armed, it could be triggered by several different actions. Here’s what you need to know to both ensure that your system is working properly and preventing potential false alarms:

• The system should be triggered if a door, the trunk or even the car’s hood is opened without the key or the remote being used.

• The system should be triggered if the ignition switch is turned to the ON position without using a programmed key.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr