Q: My car has a rough idle, cuts off sometimes at a complete stop, and hesitates during acceleration

It idle low when stopped and sometimes cut off

Hi - this could be a problem with the idle control valve, either dirty or failing. Leaking fuel injectors, clogged air filter, or low fuel pressure might also cause the symptoms you have noticed.

I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection to determine why the car idle is rough and suggest any needed repairs.

3. My car has a rough idle, cuts off sometimes at a complete stop, and hesitates during acceleration