Q: 2010 Ford F150 I keep getting a code for oxygen sensor about once every 10 days. Does that mean it is on the verge of going bad?

Have a 2010 Ford F-150 that I've started getting a code for oxygen sensor and it happens about once every 10 days. I reset it it doesn't come back immediately gas mileage doesn't seem to be affected, performance doesn't seem to be affected. Does this intermittent code signal bats one of the oxygen sensors is getting ready to go bad?

A code to one of the 4 O2 sensors does not always mean the sensor is bad or going bad. It could be another problem with the fuel system or intake system causing the code. You did not give us the code you get but it would help to narrow the problem down since there are about 10 different possible codes that it could be and will lean toward a different problem for each one. Have a pinpoint test done for the code or codes you get next time and a fix may be found.

Hi there. Typically when this occurs, it’s due to a bad connection to the O2 sensors. The most common source is when the electrical harness that is connected to the oxygen sensors becomes loose due to wear and tear and intensive heat, as it’s next to the exhaust manifold. I would recommend checking the harness to see if it’s showing signs of wear and tear and replace if needed. Otherwise, it would be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection, so they can determine why this is happening.

3. 2010 Ford F150 I keep getting a code for oxygen sensor about once every 10 days. Does that mean it is on the verge of going bad?