Q: Hi, 2012 Cruze needs turbo replaced.

Hi, I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze, I bought it in march of 2014 and I have never had any problems with it in all this time since I bought it. Just had to take it for routine maintenance and then I was on a 3 hour trip to visit my mom, it was fine on my way there but on the way back home it started acting like it couldn't go when I pressed the Gas at stop lights and then an hour and half into trip home it started an almost ticking/knocking loudly sound which then turned into a whining like noise. It never stopped running on my trip but got progressively worse. After I got home I took it to a mechanic who told me that the Turbo needs replacing. Is this a dealer only job to fix and do u know about how much this job costs? Thank you so much, Halley Hampton- Ocean Springs, Ms.

A: Hi Halley: There could be multiple issues ...

Hi Halley:

There could be multiple issues that are causing the ticking sound on your 2012 Chevy Cruze. Before you make the decision to take it to the dealership and replace the turbo, please contact one of our local mechanics to complete an engine is making a ticking noise, shaking or vibrating inspection first. This will give you a second opinion that will allow a professional mechanic complete an inspection to determine what's causing this sound; so the right repairs can be made.